Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hard top saga part 3

Traveled to Colorado over thanksgiving holiday to visit family.  Very Nice.  When I got home and opened my luggage I found a note from TSA that they had gone through my suit case and really enjoyed smelling my dirty laundry.  I really resent the Government going through my things.  Oh yeah, I really feel safer.  Thanks Bush you douche.

Went to the boat to work on hardtop some more.  What a project if I had known it was going to be this much work I might have done something else.

First I am using bondo to fill large sections.  This is none structural stuff and should be OK.  It does not adhere well to epoxy but I think it will be OK.  I really messed up the lexan windows by not protecting them during fitting.  Lots of scratches and dripped epoxy.  Before I lay out the cash to replace I am going to try a product called Novus to see if I can buff it out.  Windows starting to look better.

I do not like the way to top looks.  It sinks and needs support not to mention it is not flat.  I tried using a method called moldless construction but not happy.  I may completely redo this by cutting the entire top off and making a mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment