Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dinghy work at home.

I got the my dinghy home even though the trailor lights were not working for some reason.  (Add to to do list.)
My dinghy weighs in at 450 lbs and motor (30HP Honda) weighs about 220 lbs.  I wish I had thought more about this when I bought them.  That is a lot of weight on my davits which are designed for 250lbs each.  I reinforced the deck and added an aluminum brace across Davits.  I also added a 3 to 1 purchase on one side which lifts dinghy nicely but 2 to 1 purchase will have to be replace.  I can lift motor using mizzen halyard and mount to stern railing but,  With all that weight (dinghy and Motor) boat bow raises up.  When sailing I will distribute weight better maybe by putting motor next to main mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment