Thursday, October 27, 2011

Television on a boat

I am not one to skimp on life's little pleasures.  When I got my boat I had this dome on the mizzen and  could not figure out what it was.  It had no manufacturer stamps or names on it.  Anyway, I bought a small HD TV and also bought a small rabbit ears antenna which did not work to well.  I decided to fix all this and pulled the dome off and sat it on deck.  From web searches I was able to identify make and model finally.  But after taking it apart I saw it was toast.  I pulled the guts and threw them away.  I then bought copper tubing and installed in two halves and mounted inside.  I put it back on the mast and run new coax to a signal booster in the engine room.  Wah- Lah I get great reception now where I got none before.  Cost 10 bucks.  To think I almost spent a couple hundred on a new antenna......

No comments:

Post a Comment